What is the Burleson Area Chamber of Commerce?
The Burleson Area Chamber of Commerce is a 500+ Member strong organization dedicated to promoting businesses and business opportunities in the Burleson Area. Our goal is to help create a community where businesses want to operate, people want to visit, and everyone wants to live. We are advocates; the members are the faces, voices, and energy of the community – an important facet in efforts to attract new business and residents.
Membership with the Burleson Area Chamber of Commerce gives you access to an organization dedicated to advocating for the business community, creating connections, providing an extra level of credibility, and making a positive impact in our Community.
Our Vision Statement:
To be recognized as an effective resource, providing relevant, innovative, and impactful programming that ensures a healthy business climate and an enhanced quality of life for the entire Burleson area.
Our Mission Statement:
To be an advocate for our members and for business in Burleson. We are in Business for Business.
- We believe in our community and our members and by working together we will create positive outcomes.
- We believe Burleson is a great place to live, raise a family and work.
- We believe through the different arms of the BACC, we can develop leaders to shape Burleson’s future.
- Strengthen the local economy by providing events that bring in individuals from outside the Burleson Area such as the Honey Tour Bike Ride
- Promote the community by marketing Burleson as a destination for new businesses, active older adults and potential employees.
- Provide business to business networking opportunities by organizing and hosting Luncheons, Business After Hours and Special Events for our Chamber members.
- Build community-wide leadership by encouraging and developing a shared vision for the future of Burleson.
How the Chamber Operates
Executive Committee: The Executive Committee shall act for and on behalf on the Board of Directors when the Board is not in session but shall be accountable to the Board for its actions. The Executive Committee is made up of the officers of the organization and the President. It exercises the powers of the Board between those times when Board meetings are held.
Board of Directors: The oversight and policy-making responsibilities of the chamber shall be vested in the Board of Directors, which shall control its property, be responsible for finances, and direct its affairs. The Chairman of the Board presides over all meetings of the Board.
Chamber Staff: Handles the day to day activities of the Chamber from event planning, advertising and marketing for our members, invoicing / billing, sponsorships, new member applications.
Committees: A committee system is the most effective means of harnessing energies and abilities of volunteer members. The committees include Ambassadors, Diplomats, Power of Heels and Burleson Young Executives Alliance.
Members: The members of the BACC represent the business and professional leadership of the community.
How the Chamber Is Financed
The Burleson Area Chamber of Commerce is funded in general through two sources. The Chamber of Commerce's primary source of funding is membership. Most of the Chamber's money comes directly from the membership investments paid by the members. Event sponsors make up the remainder of the Chamber's annual budget.